A strong community rests on lots of connections. Here are some we can suggest. We’re still working on this list.
- Waikawa Beach Ratepayers Association. These folks work hard
To promote and protect the interests of Ratepayers and the residents of the district and to create and foster public interest in all matters affecting the progress and welfare of the district.[Disclosure: I’m a member of the Committee, look after their website and write the newsletters.]
- Waikawa Beach on Twitter — items from this website are posted there automatically, but the Twitter account also retweets relevant posts from other places, such as weather or traffic.
- Waikawa Beach Facebook page. [Note: I appear as a member under the name Xan Tha.]
- Waikawa Beach Weather — water, sun, wind — it’s what you want to know about the weather.
- AquaGold Water Supply is based here in Waikawa Beach and can deliver any amount of drinking water up to 14000 litres at one time.
- Waikawa Blueberries is a Pick Your Own blueberry farm at 123 Waikawa Beach Rd. Stock up on lashings of blueberries, and engage in a fun, healthy outdoor activity. We are generally open on weekends 10 am – 4 pm during December, early January, February, March and early April.
- Salt & Pepper cafe — just up the road at Ohau, and open during the day. Excellent food and drink.